The Abestos Worker Refresher course in Spanish is available here.
The Asbestos Worker Initial course meets all EPA, OSHA and AHERA requirements. This certification is required by EPA for a person to work on asbestos response actions in most buildings other than private residences, and by OSHA for Class I work. This information provided in this course is critical for those individuals who will be working in an asbestos abatement area and will be coming into contact with hazardous materials.
Our instructor-led course is facilitated by a certified EPA trainer. We offer our instructor-led courses at our training center in Phoenix, Arizona. We can also deliver our courses at any client’s training facility. Please contact us if you would like to learn more about on-site instruction.
The Asbestos Worker Course covers topics such as:
- History, uses, and health effects of asbestos
- Regulations, both state and federal
- Air monitoring and bulk sample analysis
- Worker protection equipment (PPE)
- Hands on training including assembly of a Negative Air Enclosure
- Glove bag procedures for removal
- Proper work practices and procedures
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Class Length: 4 Days/32 Hours
Classroom/Live Instruction: $565 (Include CA OSHA - $585)