The Contractor / Supervisor refresher course is available here.
The AHERA Contractor/Supervisor Initial course meets all EPA AHERA and OSHA requirements. This certification is for any person who will be supervising individuals permitted to enter a regulated asbestos abatement work area. This certification also satisfies the OSHA competent person training requirement for an asbestos project.
Our instructor-led course is facilitated by a certified EPA trainer. We offer our instructor-led courses at our training center in Phoenix, Arizona. We can also deliver our courses at any client’s training facility. Please contact us if you would like to learn more about on-site instruction.
The Contractor/Supervisor Initial course covers topics such as:
- History, uses, and health effects of asbestos
- Regulations, both state and federal
- Safety considerations and respiratory protection program
- 16 Hours of hands on training including assembly of a negative air enclosure
- Glove bag procedures for removal
- Proper work practices and procedures
- Record keeping
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
Class Length: 5 Days/40 Hours
Classroom/Live Instruction: $915 (Include CA OSHA - $935)